I am a Swedish freelance journalist, editor and researcher alternating between New York, Yangon and Stockholm. I cover politics, culture and technology in Southeast Asia, the United States and Sweden. I am especially interested in issues relating to freedom of speech, social movements, minority rights, democracy (and its antagonists). I gladly undertake investigative reporting.
I have an academic background in political science, and am affiliated with the Swedish Institute of International Affairs, and the Department of Political Science at Lund University. In 2011-2013 I was a Fulbright Scholar at Columbia University in New York focusing on international relations, social movements, mass media and political theory. I lived in Yangon, Myanmar from 2015- 2017 and covered the election for several media outlets.
I speak English, Swedish and Yiddish (I have published a children’s book in Yiddish and write about the Yiddish world as often as I can!) and get by with French, Hebrew and very basic Burmese.
Contact me if:
- you need a Myanmar- researcher or news articles covering Southeast Asia
- you need articles on politics, culture and minority issues in the United States or Sweden
- you are looking for an editor
- you need a moderator, lecturer or public speaker
- you are a photographer and want to collaborate
Phone: USA: +1 (929) 229 8425 | Sweden: +46 (070) 718 4595 | Myanmar: +95 (09) 9610 93542
FOTO: Derek Yadgaroff